website logo
A Meme about Blogging...
January 30, 2010

Sunday Stealing: The Pretentious Blogging Meme

(yeah, it's only saturday, but I wanted to get a head start) 

1. How long have you been blogging? I started blogging in 1999 - I was 19.

2. What made you start?
I used to keep a written journal, but felt that it wasn't all that safe -- what if someone found it... (that happened a lomg time ago and it wasn't such a good thing) ... still I thought the risk was worth it b/c I liked looking back on what happened in my life and what I was feeling at the time. It was nice to see myself changing over the years. Anyway, at the time, I had lived with my then boyfriend. I used to get bored watching him play Madden football on whatever game system we had at the time and hogging up the tv, so I resorted to entertain myself with the computer. I started at LiveJournal.com -- soon after starting my blog, I met some nice people within the LJ community. We used to meetup every night for webchat and became pretty close friends that way. It was like I discovered a whole other life out there. I was interested in reading about other people's lives and they were actually interested in mine.

3. Who inspired you?
No one really, unless my boring ex-boyfriend counts... :-Þ

4.
About how many hours a week would you estimate you spend on your blog? I'd say about 3 hours total. Quick blog entries here and there. And then there are times when I do a redesign (I have to start saving screenshots)... when I spend a LOT more time. 

5. What kind of experience or background do you have with writing?
Only my own personal experience. Nothing professional, can't you tell??

6. Talk about how you come up with blog topics. Where do you get your ideas?
I usually blog about things going on in my life. If I have a thought I want to write about, I do it here sometimes. Photos are fun to write about -- Memes are good too :)

7. What or who inspires you and your blog?
Me and my life!

8. Where and/or how do your brainstorming for your blog?
I do all my brainstorming while I'm writing my post. I don't usually have anything set before I start writing. It's kind of just a really long rambling session.

9. Do you have any blogging rules or guidelines you follow? 
I try to make up rules for myself sometimes, usually as an incentive to blog more often. It doesn't seem to work though. Most things I try to do (like 100 or so words per post for 10 posts. HA!!!) never last. I am trying to use more photos in my posts... b/c I enjoy reading posts with photos, so I figure other ppl who stop by would enjoy those too.

10. Is there anything you will not blog about? 
I try not to blog about my political views. I don't think I ever really have.

11. Do you have any sort of a publishing schedule in terms of day of week or topic?
Nope...it's pretty random.

Labels:

posted by Typette @ 8:13 PM  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Calendar
Previous Post
Archives
People I Stalk
Powered by

BLOGGER

  Typette.com © 2006-2010
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape